      1. Re: Re: Xenon & night vision - Headlight Glare
           From: "Terry McGowan" <lighting@ieee...>
      2. Lighting in Cambridge, MA
           From: Mike Hansen <mhansen@einhornresearch...>
      3. NPR sound bytes
           From: ctstarwchr@aol...
      4. RE: Yahoo has pulled a sneaky.
           From: "J. Delvin Armstrong, P.E." <del@softlite...>
      5. Moon Light
           From: "J. Delvin Armstrong, P.E." <del@softlite...>
      6. Re: Czech Republic articles on the new LP law
           From: Jan Hollan <jhollan@amper....muni.cz>
      7. Re: Czech Republic articles on the new LP law
           From: ctstarwchr@aol...
      8. Re: CNN online article
           From: rlgent1@aol...
      9. Driving with mesopic light levels
           From: ctstarwchr@aol...

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:17:19 -0500
   From: "Terry McGowan" <lighting@ieee...>
Subject: Re: Re: Xenon & night vision - Headlight Glare

This is the time to send your comments about headlight glare to the NHTSA.
Daniel Stern, an automotive lighting expert, kindly sent me a reference to
the comments that he sent.  They can be read via:

http://www.pergolesi.demon.co.uk/dastern/

(you have to download a 1+ MB pdf file).  I urge anyone interested in the
subject to read it though.  It's "Automotive Headlighting 101" plus a
passionate plea to revise U.S. glare limits.

Terry McGowan