[Strawbale] ESBG 2011 News update I

[I don't think Fano's attempt of mailing this worked, so I'll try from my account. -Max]

Dear balers,

I wish everybody, that your dreams become true in the year of 2011. Even the wildest ones, you wish...so be careful with what you wish for...

We entered 2011, which means the impatient of us are already counting down to the European Straw Bale Gathering in Bouzov Podoli, Czech Republic.

So I would like to share some information and issues with you:

1/ We areÂsorry, but it seems to us, that we did not expressed clearly enough that the issue about only 5 participants per country is simply ourÂsuggestionÂand we would very much like to hear YOUR view.ÂÂI think those of you who refrained from fillingÂthe questionaireÂas you didn't believe you would be able to come, are in effect doing yourself a misfortune.

The current surveyÂresult about this issue is:

13 answers ÂÂ 42%ÂWe simply do a 'first come, first serve' base, as all other ESBG's. When it's sold out, it's sold out.

10 answers ÂÂ 32%ÂParticipants apply centrally to us, we sort them according to nations and amount of tickets and ask national participants to sort it out between themselves?

9 answers   Â29%ÂThe National Networker/organisation gets to choose.

8 answers   Â26%ÂOther.

6 answers   Â19%ÂAn international committee gets formed and chose the participants?    Â

We'll closeÂthe surveyÂon January 20th, as we have a team meeting on the 22nd. We would very much appreciate your views, so pleaseÂfill it in. And we like to make you aware that upon registration we will ask you to fill out another quick survey, so we're getting even closer to customizing ESBG 2011 to your needs. It is definitely worth the 5 minutes of your lives.

+Remember the bonus of filling out the survey: You will get a good insight in the current lay-out of the programÂ

2/ÂIf I understood well the Survey results, so far we have workshops with facilitators for subject of lime plastering, wood construction details, SB building approaches, outside gypsum plaster, Âclay plastering, load-bearing construction, handling and resizing the straw bales.

I hereby loudly call for skillful facilitators for any interesting workshops of different available subjects. Our arms are open for you, please send the ideas and offers. Maybe someone for: exterior SB insulation of an old building, passive house SB detailing, fine plasters, colours and reliefs..... etc.

3/ÂAlso we would welcome some offers of conference presenters of more different topics.

Maybe someone of you is interested in presenting the Leonardo SB education project?

Maybe someone knows about some other significant research or topic???

4/ÂTransportation issue:

Currently we have people interested in arranging busses going from South (Slovenia), West (France), and from North (so far only from Poland; which is too close to fill a bus);Â

Anyone from further North, South and East???

5/ ÂPartners in fund raising:

Good news; 7 people is interested in being partners in a 'Youth in Action' program for a 2 day seminar which we could arrange within the ESBG, and this way help secure some funding, to make the ESBG cheaper for all, and in particular to give some scholarships.

Not so good news: Before it's worth doing, we would need more people who at times work in the field of 'Youth Educator' to sign up as a partner for such an application; so we need about 25 more. All it takes is a one page partnership form to be posted to us before January 24 th. Contact us on esbgteam@gmail... for more information.

So much so far,

please let me know if you have something to share with us.Â

Yours,

Fano