From: Neale Brickwood <neale.brickwood@googlemail...>
To: European strawbale building discussions <strawbale@amper....muni.cz>
Sent: Fri, 9 July, 2010 16:43:00
Subject: Re: [Strawbale] Mortgages on SB houses in the UK

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply, ive managed to find out quite a bit now as its research for a Msc.

Are you actually building at the moment and going to sell?

Regards

Neale

07798854867

Ikon Land and New Homes Limited
The coach House
2 hereford Road
Southsea
Portsmouth
PO5 2DH

On 9 Jul 2010, at 11:25, Andrew Wilkinson wrote:

Neale,

I am currently working on two newbuilds in Yorkshire.  Whilst I don't have any direct experience of Open Market sales, I am aware that a main financier of such mortgages would be the Ecology Building Society.  I am also aware that in the recent past , those seeking to insure their houses have referred to straw bale load bearing houses as "timber frame with cellulose insulation" to overcome insurance company concerns.

regards
Andrew