Re: [Strawbale] SB workshops

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:07:22 -0500, Rikki Nitzkin <rikkinitzkin@earthlink...> wrote:

I have had a request by a Portugese arquitect looking for SB workshops
oriented towards "profesionals"-anywhere in Europe.

As it so happens, a message showed up in my mailbox yesterday which mentioned the following:

And now that it's good to be an American [again], we are going to Europe for a couple ofmonths this summer. I'll give you more details later but apparently the four workshopsthat are scheduled are filled up. Denmark, Estonia,Slovakia and France.

I've never attended the workshops hosted by Athena and Beel Steen but I have seen a video of one and it was easy to spot a number of "professionals" amongst the attendees. (The professionals were the ones that looked lost initially when confronted with working with non-storebought materials).

Quite frankly, I think that the Euro-pee'ins should look at somehow expanding the workshops to enable more people to attend, if for no other reason, to amortise the embodied energy of the trip over a broader base.

(But I'm sure that most baleheads can think of more and arguably better reasons for expanding the workshops. ie Satomi referred to Beel as "old man" in a photo she sent out on Beel's last birthday. Can't expect the old geezer to last forever . Eh ? Gather in your Steen workshops while ye may, for tomorrow ... )

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom