[Strawbale] Brilliance is subjective (was Re: Strawbale Digest, Vol 20, Issue 3)

On Wed, 16 May 2007 15:56:06 -0400, Iskon <aunkovic@inet...> wrote:

Regarding that book "Small Strawbale" it is a really good book

But I advise you to take a look at a small guide book "Building with awareness",which is absolutely brilliant, full of tehnicalials, practical guides... a DVD is included

I've only seen the "Building With Awareness" DVD and I've have to say that while it is nice to look at, many of the techniques and details espoused therein exhibit a great deal of un-awareness as to how to make a good building, never mind a Green building.

In short, many of the ideas *seem* to be good ones on paper but when those ideas confronted the Real World at the building site, too often they ended up being unsatisfactory and in most instances, it could be chalked up to inexperience or ignorance.

Nothing wrong with either of those of course, but to suggest that BWA is a guide to building well is simmply erronious. What it really should have been called is :

"This is how I made my first building and some of the things that I learned
    not to do the next time."

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom