[Strawbale] Straw bale building for cold weather?

"Promotion of Straw Bale Building for the Climate Change Mitigation".

Is this climate change warming or cooling?

people, people, people...

We all have to realise that if there is any global warming, it's likely due to the sun, not humans.

But in any case, the earth may be cooling rather than warming (and those old enough to recall have to remember that the "big threat" 30-40 years ago was global cooling)
http://www.iceagenow.com/List_of_Expanding_Glaciers.htm
http://www.predictweather.com/global_warming/index.asp
http://www.fcpp.org/main/publication_detail.php?PubID=864
and many, many, many others

If we are to discuss and talk about thermal properties wrt strabale or anything else, we ought to have a working knowledge of the facts *as they are known*.

What we do have is imminent peak oil and a global resource grab for what is left. Either government can educate the populace about peak oil and precipitate strong social "activity" or babble about global warming, promote pliability and leave avenues open for even greater population control and erosion of personal freedoms, all in the name of eg "fighting terrorism"?

Remember any meteorologist/scientist who works for a university is a government emplyee. Any meteorologist/scientist who works for a large media/news organisation is effectively a government employee. ergo they will tow the line for fear of losing their job. It is happening already.

Straw-bale has great thermal properties, it is beautiful to live in, it's even fun to build and can forever be extended, changed around or whatever. But we are not building these things to prevent global warming.

</rant>

Rates near 39yr lows! $430K Loan for $1,399/mo - Paying Too Much? Calculate new payment http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18226&moid=7581