RE: [Strawbale] greek SB building

Try getting in touch with the California Strawbale Building Association. In CA all SB buildings are built with "Earthquake" considerations. I don´t have the exact link to them, but I was talking to arquitect Martin Hammer there last week and he could probably orient you.

Rikki

From: "lucy jordan" <lucyjordan99@hotmail...>
To: strawbale@amper....muni.cz
Subject: [Strawbale] greek SB building
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 15:30:26 +0000

Hello to all fellow straw bale builders and/or dreamers
I'm a straw bale dreamer at the moment! and new to this site.
I live in Kalamata, Southern Peloponese, Greece. I'm planning to build with straw for all the obvious reasons, at the moment my biggest obstacle are the building regulations that are concerned (quite rightly) with earthquake 'proofing' To conform to these regs I must use vast amoiunts of planet-destroying concrete. There may be a way round this, I'm still looking. Has anyone built in Greece or faced similar obstacles? also I've come across 'Agenda 21' does anyone know if this can be used as a legal leaver to persuade local planning departments to adopt a more open-minded approach to eco-friendly new building techniques?
Any thoughts, comments, ideas MOST welcome
Lucy

Are you using the latest version of MSN Messenger? Download MSN Messenger 7.5 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk