[Strawbale] concrete footings

Hi folks.

I'm organising the building of a small (30 m2) sb structure this spring, on an environmentally sensitive site. We need to minimise the amount of concrete going into the ground (to minimise embodied energy, to minimise local ecological impact through changed soil chemistry, and to minimise transportation costs). So I've ruled out a concrete pad. A rubble trench foundation is ruled out because there is no suitable rubble locally. I'm therefore looking at some sort of pile foundation. Treated timber below ground level wouldn't meet the ecological criteria set by the site managers, and I don't want to take the risk with untreated timber; my previous experience of using boulders is that it's not the best way to do this because the timbers on top of them have to be individually shaped to fit (time-consuming, and not suitable for the mostly unskilled volunteer labour which we will have). So I'm looking at using concrete piles, probably arranged in something like a 2m grid, to support the building.

My question is this: does anyone have experience they are willing to share of using proprietary systems for shaping the concrete such as that at www.bigfootsystems.com ? (Bigfoot make a bell-shaped footing out of recycled plastic, into which the concrete may be poured.)

My second, more tenative question is: can this sort of system be used with rammed earth instead of concrete? (I don't think I have the time to learn everything I'd need to know to do this this time round, but it would be good to know what's possible for future work.)

atb,
Mark
Borden, SK, Canada