Re: [Strawbale] updates from all you hardworking strawbale

Simon,

I have been busy building since the beginning of June this year. I am happy to announce that I have taken the step to become a fulltime builder, mainly SB. The SB project I started with is in IJburg which is a new extension in Amsterdam. To see more on the project go to http://home.hetnet.nl/~rene.dalmeijer and follow links English> SB houses and via the left menu navigate to IJburg. I am quite happy with the building method and design for this house so much so that if I build for myself it will closely follow this system. This house has generated quite a bit of interest including 2 TV programs

I hope to start before the end of the year on another 2 houses in IJburg both with 4 stories using pre-fab wood frame elements. One of the houses will have SB infill the other wool or flax.

The Dutch SB association has just elected a new commitee. I am now chairman, Michel Post is secretary and Pieter Bas van Luipen treasurer. We just had an interior clay plaster workshop on 29 October and will have a SB house tour on 12-13 November Again check my web-site http://home.hetnet.nl/~rene.dalmeijer and the link to Agenda for further details.

Rene