: [Strawbale]ethical question?

valentina

i agree with chug's idea that some form of non-currency exchange can lower the professional fee - what about the possibility of using the house/land as a retreat spot for yourself. i have this arrangement witha 'client' in belgium and it works well, especially if its a second home. another idea would be, depending on your knowledge and experience as a straw-baler, to hold workshops, charging a nominal fee to cover food and board and extra as a contribution towards the fee.... i dont usually agree with the notion of enthusiasts paying for the opportunity to build someone elses' house but if its a question of nominal payment, and a good exchange of knowledge, then in balance, it can be argued ethically ...

good luck.

c'Lanne moroney

 > i'm an architect involved in a project of a strawbale house in spain
and the organization of a workshop to build the house
 > the clients owners...have very litlle money to build the house.....
 > to "calculate" the money i'm supposed to be paid i use the official
reference of the architects council of spain......
 > the fact that strawbale house is cheeper to build .....does not mean
that is cheeper to design...in fact is more expensive....due to luck of
"normal" refernces for the administrative process of getting the
building permission.....and we have to ask for it....
 > i'm not in the economical position to afford working without being
paid.....
---