[Strawbale]Earth/Straw plaster acting as fire guard

Hello there,

I'm building a non-loadbearing strawbale house in the south of Hungary (the walls should go up this weekend - weather permitting) and am considering making up a cream consistency earth slip, and then mixing this with lots of loose straw and 2-3% lime (lime water). Then I can use this to plaster the walls immeadiately as the bales go up. I'm hoping that if this initial plaster is a couple of centimetres thick it will provide fire resistance until I can plaster the walls with more attention. (Which might be in spring) The earth on site seems ok - I have made some test samples and they stick to the bales ok - although I have to add a lot of sand (about 2/3) to stop them cracking. Has anyone had any experience with just earth/straw plaster - would you recommend it and if not what would you recommend instead? Although the earth on my property seems ok - there is also a deposit of clay not too far from my house which is used by potters - is there any advantage of using a more pure clay - it will result in much more cracking won't it?
Any ideas, I'd be grateful.

Cheers,

Marcus