[Strawbale]moisture questionnaire: please help!

I tried to send the following message to this list last week. I think it failed because I added a fairly large attachment (maybe Jan or Simon could confirm this?).

Dear all

As part of my PhD work on strawbale building and moisture, I would like to get a broader picture of the worldwide experience. I have therefore prepared a questionnaire - I would be grateful if as many people as possible would download it and return it to me. You can find it in either of two places: - on my own website at http://www.hyphen.dial.pipex.com/straw/moisture/questionnaire/quest.htm , or - in the "files" section of the sb-r-us site at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SB-r-us/files/ , in a folder called "moisture questionnaire". You need to join the sb-r-us conference in order to access this. - Alternatively, if you can't get into either of those, email me at hyphen@dial....com and I'll send you a copy direct.
At present, I only have it available in Word 2000 (.doc) and .rtf formats.

Questionnaire responses are welcome from anyone who is responsible for a completed strawbale building. Obviously, the more responses I get, the more useful my work will be to the strawbale community as a whole. All responses should come directly to me at hyphen@dial....com

(The PhD will eventually be published online in some form or other - I haven't checked out the university's views on copyright in this regard, but I'm sure I can at least publish the most useful bits. The core of my work is about getting at the basic physical properties of straw; but from that I expect to be able to come up with a set of [tentative but scientifically argued] guidelines for any location based on its meteorological data. If you want to know more, ask me.)

I would be _particularly_ grateful for any responses from temperate maritime climates (with the terms interpreted fairly broadly). In case you're not sure whether I include you in that description, check whether your location is on the following list:
- Sweden:  coastal, south of 59deg N
- Norway:  coastal, south of 61deg N
- Denmark:  all
- Germany: Bremen/Bremerhaven, Niedersachsen north of 53deg N, Hamburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Netherlands:  all
- Belgium:  all
- France:  west coast north of Bordeaux,  Bretagne,  Normandie,  Picardie
- England: all
- Wales: all
- Scotland: all
- Northern Ireland: all
- Republic of Ireland: all
- Iceland:  southern coast
- Canada (E): maritime provinces; Newfoundland; Gulf of St Lawrence coast of Quebec
- USA (E):  coastal strip of New England
- USA (W):  Alaska: coastal zone south of 61deg N
- Canada (W):  British Columbia: coastal zone and islands
- USA (NW): coastal Washington, Oregon & North California: north of 38deg N, west of Cascades / Sierra Nevada
- Chile:  between 41deg S and 50deg S
- New Zealand:  South Island; North Island south of 39deg S
- Australia:  Tasmania, coastal Victoria
- Japan:  Hokkaido;  Honshu north of 36deg N
- Russia:  Kamchatka, Sakhalin

I would also be grateful if people could forward this questionnaire to folks in those areas who might not otherwise see it.

All responses should come directly to me at hyphen@dial....com

Many thanks for your assistance
Mark Bigland-Pritchard
Bristol,  England