[Strawbale] Concrete Base - foundations question??

Kurt Splittdorf kurt235 at yahoo...
Tue Apr 3 15:46:46 CEST 2007

Hi Joost,
it is part of my job, so i know some about the "E-smog", that is the
way we call it in germany.
you can demagnetise iron, but it is complicatet and expensiv!
The iron is like a permant magnet, the magnetismen will be there for a
very long time. it gets usaly magnetised during the production process
or when you weld the iron.
It does shield off electro magnetic radiation, but this effect depends
on the mesh width. And the way we use the steel in concrete it has no
efect at all!!! It only keeps the very long waves out of the house. I
just want to name the Schumann-Frequenz, it is about 8 Hz. If we talk
about mobiles than it is totaly worthless! the waves are to small. the
higher the frequence is that you want to shield off, the smaller the
mesh width need to be.
The good results in reduction of EMF is because of the mass of the
concrete.
But you dont need a lot of iron for a strawbale house, only in the
foundations we use a lot of it.
i suppose:
minimize the iron
if you habe a problem.... demagnetise or keep distance
kurt