Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 5:12 PM
Subject: [strawbale] Virus warning - again !

Hello Strawbalers
It seem to be difficult to be connected. Today I got 2 virusinfected e-mails both comming from the strawbale group -  but not from a known name.
The first one from "support" - called: (strawbale) sos
and the next from " Mahli"  - called: (strawbale) Eager to see you
so please don't open mail with this text.
I didn't open up and I my antivirus system tells me that I have no virus, but I got 2 messages just now from servers telling me that they have send mails from me in return - but I have sent no mail !!!!!

It's the 4 time that I got virus / mails with virus through this group. Its really a pity. We are probably an easy vulnerable group. Can we -as a group- ask ( demand ?) people to buy an antivirus system ? and to be more carefull when they open up the mails?
I have learnt the hart way now, I hope. I got the virus by the two first "attacs" ( 20 -30 hours work) but I recognized the devil by the two last attacs.

So I wonder: Do we have some one in the group with good knowledge about virus ???? Can somebody put up some lines about things we have to look up for ?

I found out to be carefull opening up mail ending on ".exe", and mail without a name + having an appendix / enclosure (I am not sure what its called in english). Its the only thing I know to look up for. But maybe other people have other good ideas ????

Alice