From: rikki nitzkin <rnitzkin@hotmail...>
To: strawbale@crest... <strawbale@crest...>
Cc: strawbale-l@eyfa... <strawbale-l@eyfa...>
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2001 3:10 AM
Subject: [strawbale] tipi cloth or plastic?

>I have a friend who make Tipis, and can get  me a great price on
impermeable, breathable cotton canvas.  Could I use this instead of plastic
or roofing felt as a barrier arounds posts, windows, on the roof, etc? or
should I worry about it rotting? He says that in tipi form (exposed to sun,
rain, hail . . .)it lasts about ten years, but if its not exposed it could
last a lot longer couldn't it? Has anyone tried something like that?