Re: [magnitude6] antiLP amendment in Czechia did not pass Senate

In a message dated 2/1/02, jhollan@amper....muni.cz wrote:

<< The Senate of the Czech Republic rejected yesterday including LP
 prevention into the ``clean air act'' text..... >>

Dear Jan,
         Thank you for this news update, but we are all sorry to hear this.
In the USA, many state laws were defeated before they finally passed.  In
1995, IDA members testified before the State Capitol of Texas, only to have
the law fail to pass the committee.  Four years, later, we were  better
prepared, and the law easily passed both the Texas House and the Senate. It
had almost unanimous support.  In 1999, Governor Bush, now President Bush,
signed this law.

        During to process, many people, especially politicians, learned much
more about light pollution.  Many of them are now helping us.  One was
elected to the US Congress, so it's even better.

       Don't abandon the ship.  Keep up the good work.  It is much needed and
greatly appreciated.

Best wishes for future successes,
             Bob Gent
             European Liaison Officer