[strawbale] strawbale email list update + evaluation

Hello everyone,

I won't be able to go to the gathering this year, my summer and the
coming few months have been/will be a bit mad. I am going back to UK and
Ireland for a few months to catch up on family + friends and intend to
take in as many strawbale projects en route as possible to get ideas and
inspiration for the future.

I also have an idea for a project that I will post to the list soon to
see what you all think.

I was thinking it would be good to have a very informal 'evaluation' of
this list. What I mean is, maybe the people at the gathering can talk
about it for a short while and see what opinions come out of it. Things
like - Is it useful? Are there too many/few messages? Are we using the
list to its full potential? And any other thoughts about it that people
come up with.

If this happens, could someone then post the minutes from the discussion
on to the list so we can all see them and make comments?

And just for your information, we currently have SEVENTY THREE people on
the list, which is much more than I was expecting when the idea first
came up at Redfield last year! I think only two or three people have
asked me to unsubscribe them. We have people from Netherlands, UK,
Germany, France, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Switzerland, US,
Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Slovenia, Spain, plus a few hotmailers/yahooers
who could be from anywhere/nomadic...

I am happy to continue being the person who administrates the list if
everyone is happy with that. Hopefully we are getting some new software
soon that will allow people to visit a web page where they can easily
subscribe/unsubscribe and see a full archive of all the messages sent.

Have fun in Slovenia!

Cheers,
Simon

=====
"They know we own their country. We own their airspace... We dictate the way they live and talk. And that's what's great about America right now. It's a good thing, especially when there is a lot of oil out there we need."
- Air force Brigadier General William Looney (director of operations for keeping Iraqi planes from flying south of the 32nd parallel)