[strawbale] Something else

Dear Harald,

would love to join buing that miraculous machine. However due to my "tennis
elbow" I am not stuccoing any more. Michael Ambrosini is stuccoing right now
at the Floriade, if that storm hasn't  blow him away. He might be
interested: call 0650232707

Something else in view of the story from Switzerland (any news from Rudi?).
Realizing a building in cooperation with others has definitly disadvantages
too. Others might take more risks and they normally do.

We try to solve this by reporting every challenge to the involved architects
and to the owners of the buildings. At least some backing for us. However
our recommendations/objections are not always acknowledged. An example from
the last project: even after the fact we had to re-design the construction
of the straw-bale walls,(architect demanded an impossible loadbearing
technique), the architect choose a smaller roof than we required for our
building at the Floriade. Luckily there seems to be a solution for that
particular problem in a new waterprotective primer for clay stuccos on
ceramic bases, but in some cases for the sake of the building it needs to
take drastical decisions. At Tom Rijvens project at the Floriade that primer
will be applied too. Will tell you if it works.

There is some hope for the third sb-symposium here in The Netherlands. We
had a meeting  organised by that very bank with participants from Stichting
Bouw Research, TNO, Dubo Centrum Rotterdam etc. And the bank naturally is
asking from the potential participants to take the financial risks of the
proposed event on which they hesitate. Would be fun if next meeting would
bring the break through.

Best wishes, Martin

Something else, is anyone interested in a used plaster mixer/pump.
Its a "Putzmeister" ( german fabricate) AND IT CAN BE PULLED BY A CAR
LIKE A TRAILER. Its a tough,proffesional maschine with a heavy electric
motor.
Axel, since you also use one, could you tell how many m2 of clay plaster
you can make with it per hour?
The price is 1500,- Euro incl. hoses and everything.
I could imagine to buy and use this machine together with other
shareholders in the Netherlands, Belgium and Northrhine- Westfalia.

Harald