Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 9:33 AM
Subject: [strawbale] gathering 2002

dear strawbalers in europe

couldnīt we do it the democratic way?
there was a gathering in France 1998 (founding of ESBN),
Denmark 1999,
England 2000,
and a non existing one in Slovenia in 2001.

on the other hand there are active strawbale-networks (and a lot of strawbale-houses to visit) in
france
denmark
germany
the netherlands
austria
norway
hungary
czech rep
england, ireland, wales
belarus (russia)
more?

next step: which of these countries/networks wants to make a gathering?
france (we heard it from andre)
the netherlands (we heard it from martin)
austria (we heard it from herbert & astrid)
some more?

last step: when we have all the networks, that want to make a gathering in the future, we are able to make an election: each member of ESBN = everyone on strawbale-l@eyfa... elects 3 countries (3,2,1 points) he/she is interested to visit in the next years. the country with the most points is invited to make a gathering next year, the second one in two years and then there should be a new election (for example).

this would guarantee a welldone planning and interesting gatherings for the future. option: two or more networks work together to make a gathering in one of the countries. but the "democratic" way would be the same...

what do you say, wouldnīt it be a solution for our blocked situation?

best wishes from austria
herbert
asbn austrian strawbale network
herbert & astrid gruber