Re: [strawbale] introduction and question

Hi Eric,

> I have heard that there are strawbale houses built in Romania and Hungary.
> Does anyone know how I can contact them?
        We are now quite on the begining of the road in Hungary...

        The first 7 strawbale structures were built in this year:
                120 m^2 family home in Sarospatak
                 87 m^2 guest house in Sarbogárd
                100 m^2 2 story family home in Mariahalom
                 16 m^2 demo building in Vigantpetend at
			Independent Ecological Center
                 20 m^2 outbuilding in Agostyan at
			Foundation for Natural Living
                240 m^2 chicken coop in Galgahevíz at a Biofarm
                 30 m^2 outhouse in Mera
	There is one loadbearing structure and rest are post'n'beam,
	modified post'n'beam and hibrid...

	Most of them directly or inderectly inspired or supervised by me
	or friends.

	We held lectures on 5 different places on 16 days for about 2200
	people.

	This year we also gained some noticable media publicity:
		5 TV programmes, 5 radio programmes and about 10
		articles in magazines, periodicals, including professional
		architecture ones...

	The Hungarian Strawhome Webpage [www.szalmahaz.hu] has reached
	an average 30 hit per day, with a peak at 130 hit per day after
	the best TV programme. Our small hungarian strawbale newsletter
	has about 180 subscribers.

	What we plan and expect for the next year:
		- trainings for arhitects and self builders
		- establishment of the first 2-3 professional strawbuilder
		  company
		- solving some legal issues (fire safety standards)
		- starting fine time and space resolution MC and RH
		  measurements
		- building at least 30 structures :)))

Attila
strawbale networker of Hungary