Re:[strawbale] strawbale email list update + evaluation

Hello (from New Mexico0

*Just want to say I`m very happy with the list.
*Feel free to hold the next European gathering at our place in
France if you like.
*Coralie and I just attended the Builders Without Borders
workshop and I believe it was a great succes. They/we are
looking into giving a workshop in Europe/France next year.
I`ll write more on our SB adventures in this part of the world
when I have some more computer time. Suffice it to say we are
having a great time, meeting lots of great people and
collecting lots and lots of material for the website and CDrom.

Bye, and have a wonderful gathering.
Andre

> Hello everyone,
>
> I won't be able to go to the gathering this year, my summer
and the
> coming few months have been/will be a bit mad. I am going
back to UK and
> Ireland for a few months to catch up on family + friends and
intend to
> take in as many strawbale projects en route as possible to
get ideas and
> inspiration for the future.
>
> I also have an idea for a project that I will post to the
list soon to
> see what you all think.
>
> I was thinking it would be good to have a very
informal 'evaluation' of
> this list. What I mean is, maybe the people at the gathering
can talk
> about it for a short while and see what opinions come out of
it. Things
> like - Is it useful? Are there too many/few messages? Are we
using the
> list to its full potential? And any other thoughts about it
that people
> come up with.
>
> If this happens, could someone then post the minutes from the
discussion
> on to the list so we can all see them and make comments?
>
> And just for your information, we currently have SEVENTY
THREE people on
> the list, which is much more than I was expecting when the
idea first
> came up at Redfield last year! I think only two or three
people have
> asked me to unsubscribe them. We have people from
Netherlands, UK,
> Germany, France, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary,
Switzerland, US,
> Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Slovenia, Spain, plus a few
hotmailers/yahooers
> who could be from anywhere/nomadic...
>
> I am happy to continue being the person who administrates the
list if
> everyone is happy with that. Hopefully we are getting some
new software
> soon that will allow people to visit a web page where they
can easily
> subscribe/unsubscribe and see a full archive of all the
messages sent.

> Have fun in Slovenia!
>
> Cheers,
> Simon
>

> =====
> "They know we own their country. We own their airspace... We
dictate the way they live and talk. And that's what's great
about America right now. It's a good thing, especially when
there is a lot of oil out there we need."
> - Air force Brigadier General William Looney (director of
operations for keeping Iraqi planes from flying south of the
32nd parallel)