Re: European Law and changes in Lombardy

Dear Jenik,

> I have mentioned the Lombardy law as a model for an European law, but the
> only hint is the title in the text on your pages. Is it just your offer,
> or is the view on its being a suitable model for the EU a more widespread
> one already, outside your national astronomical community?

It is our hope that the Lombardy bill being a model for a future EU law. We
need more coordination between the European Countries (both inside and
outside EU) than the one we have now. On the contrary someone can make the
same mistakes other have already done.

> Another thing is the influence of the new law. There are some timespans
> mentioned, as one year, e.g., if I remember well, so has anything changed
> since March 2000? I mean both real lights and documents considering them.
> It would be very nice if I could say the law not only sounds well but also
> works already.

There is a lot of inertia that lead to some new implants out of law. But
things are gradually changing. More and more new implants are law OK. The
law will be not followed automatically: amateurs astronomers on the
territory have do do an hard work in order to make not economically
installing bad fixtures thet have to be replaced once the astronomer find
them.
I'm confident that where amateurs work hard to denounce the bad new fixtures
soon we'll have that designers and installers will make automatically a good
and law respectful work.

Clear and dark skies,
Fabio