Re: Light Pollution

Hello Claire,

 the law will become applicable since June 1. I think the municipalities
can demand owners of skybeamers to switch them on nevermore after the
date, but that's all probably for that very moment. (An explicit ban of
the skybeamers should be in the implementing regulations to be issued by
the government.) Improvement of all outdoor lighting will last some time,
decades in some cases.

Some English-written info is at http://www.astro.cz/darksky and the links
from there (I've written about the history of the law already to some
journalists), I can write more in Friday.

I could easily come to Prague at the beginning of June. Or, vice versa, if
you visit Czechia, you could visit Brno as well, three hours from Prague
by train, just a bit north from Vienna. Our observatory has a lot less
polluted skies than the Prague one, where the other Jan (Manek) observes
and Pavel (Suchan) works... And we have some quality streetlights (no
upward light) here to show you.

So, see you in Czechia end of May or beginning of June!

Jenik