[Svetlo]clanek ke 3kralum

Jan Hollan
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:51:08 +0100 (CET)

Kdybyste hledali kometu v dirach v mezi mraky, muze se vam hodit
podrobnejsi mapka nez jsou ty celoblohove, viz dopis nize.

Jinak doporucuju k precteni nadherny clanek v Glasgow Herald,
   It is a dark day when we lose the night
   Jackie Kemp             January 05 2005
   http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/30901.html

-- ke Trem kralum se moc hodi (jedinou vec bych z nej vyskrtl, tu
kratkozrakost, ta ojedinela prace se pak nikdy nepotvrdila).

chut, energii a odvahu k obnove noci v roce 2005 preje vsem
 jh

To have some fun and relief from night-restoration activities, I've made a
map for the comet (and corrected two errors in my online mapping
programme)

The comet is easy to see, if glare is absent, even in Brno, a city with
0.4e6 inhabitants, as it is brighter than 4 mag. It's easy to find as the
brightest star near to Pleiades. Just its both tails are on the verge of
discernibility here. My map is linked to in the last paragraph of

             Computation of lighting-relevant values

 -- for printing it, pdf version is better,
             http://amper.ped.muni.cz/jenik/astro/mach.pdf

I made some photographs to get the coma, tails and sky luminances, they
now wait for me to evaluate the nikon990 calibration images I made during
the solstice day.

If you have a camera with raw data storage (see a list at
http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/ ) you may make some images
too. We can try to evaluate them later.

jenik