[Strawbale]Measured heat flux through a real wall/ceiling

I wonder very much, if anybody has heat consumption data for any strawbale
house already, or any measured heat flux data for a wall with 40 cm bales
and a 20 K or even larger temperature difference.  (Unfortunately, our
nice installation, a heat storage tank for a solar system, is still
unsuitable for measuring that, being not air-tight and behaving partly
like a chimney...)

As I wrote earlier, I still doubt that convection does not play a large
role inside bales. I hope that at least inside heavy giant bales it might
be minor. But even about this I'm not so sure (I admit it ceases to be a
large problem with 90 cm thick layers).

The question is important when we are to be sure that 40 cm bales (e.g.,
over 90 kg/m3) will really give U of below 0.12, needed mostly for passive
houses. Not everywhere more space is available (we have to build a
house where even 40 cm will be a bit of a problem).

Will somebody present any answer on this at the
http://passivhaustagung.de? (I'll be there with another topic, a poster on
windows with Al-layers.)

cheers,
 jenik