[strawbale] straw-bale at the European Commission, Brussels

Title: straw-bale at the European Commission, Brussels
GEN-Europe at the Green Week, 15-19.04.02

The Global Ecovillage Network - GEN - Europe will take part in the Green Week, an event organised by the European Commission Directorate of Environment. The general theme of Green Week 2002 is Our future, Our Choice - Changing our ways.
During the event GEN-Europe, in association with Mr. Harald Wedig, natural builder and permaculture teacher, will build a straw-bale house in the heart of Brussels, beside the European Parliament and the EC.

With this action we hope to facilitate better support for ecovillages and natural building methods among the EC politicians and participants in the event, encourage experiments in this field and demonstrate that natural building can be inexpensive and fun to do.
At the same time GEN-Europe will place ecologically responsible building techniques within the context of ecovillages and sustainable communities.

On Thursday the 18th of April at 18.30 hrs the straw bale house will be officially inaugurated by Mr. Perera from the EC Environment. In addition, cocktails will be served and there will be an opportunity to chat informally with the EC officials.

You are welcome to join us!!
Place: Parc du Maelbeek, beside the Charlemagne Building, Rue de la Loi 170

The demo-house will be dismantled on the 20-21 of April and put up at another location in Belgium for permanent use.

With regards

Ms. Agnieszka Komoch
President of GEN-Europe

for more information about the Green Week
http://europa.eu.int/comm/environment/greenweek/index.htm
--
Agnieszka