[strawbale] SB on Dutch tv

Dear readers,

This morning I was watching the official opening by the Dutch queen Beatrix
of the Floriade a 10 yearly international Netherlands gardening/flower show.
Besides covering the official opening event involving the queen the program
gave a short impression of the main attractions at the show. One of the most
prominent items was the eco friendly SB house on the eco exhibit. The SB
house has a thatched roof and clay stucco plaster interior and exterior.
During the program all these details were carefully described no jokes about
wolves This was serious and nice. The show expects about 5 million visitors
from opening to public as of tomorrow to oktober. Besides the SB house there
is also a SB theater again with clay stucco. As soon as I have had the
opportunity to visit I wil put pictures and further details on my web-site.

I see this as a major achievement and milestone for the SB movement in
Europe. Suddenly SB is a building technique worthy of presentation to an
international public sponsored by enourmous corporations. The main sponsor
of the SB theater is one of the biggest banks in the Netherlands. They
specifically selected clay and SB because of its eco friendly image. This is
not only for show their HQ features Steiner inspired architecture and
natural clay plasters. SB is a next step. (how about SB LB high rise office
blocks)

Another important issue is that the 315m2 SB theater was found suitable for
public use and access, passing all safety and other requirements. I would
also like to add that the construction of both buildings have gone without a
major hitch, sub contacting the specific SB elements to Topleem and Tom
Rijven. To me it seems SB is on the way to mainstream, even in the
Netherlands.

www.floriade.nl for further details about the flower show. The new wave in
gardening as presented at the show is emotion gardens. The previous shows
have had a tremendous impact on private garden architecture in the
Netherlands, in the past introducing rail sleepers as major elements in
gardens.

Greetings,
Rene