[strawbale] Re: Natural floor insulation

At 02:34 PM 2/28/02 -0700, you wrote:
Since we have started renewing a cottage in the north of scotland ,we where
trying to get hold of shells to use under the floor to absorb the dampness.
In holland where we came from ,a popular and unbeateble alternative.Canyou
give us any details or contacts to get them up here?
Thanks, Jan Jacob Baak

Hi Jan,

You may find some help from the European Straw Bale Network, which has a list serve you can join at <strawbale-l@eyfa...>   I have forwarded your request to this list.   I know that many on this list are familiar with sea shell foundation insulation.

Also, for natural building info and networking in the UK, visit: www.strawbalefutures.org.uk

Best regards,
Catherine Wanek, Publisher

The Last Straw Journal
The International Journal of Straw Bale & Natural Building
HC66, Box 119
Hillsboro, NM 88042
(505) 895-5400 /fax (505) 895-3326
<thelaststraw@strawhomes...>