Re: [strawbale] Help needed?

After reading the article that Mr. Föllmi refers to in his response to
Herbert (www.beobachter.ch/ratgeber/recht/wohnen.cfm) I was both discouraged
and a litlle hopefull. The article is titled "Only bugs and mice live healthy
in the straw".
But in the list of problems, which is long indeed, nothing really indicates
failure of the strawbale walls:
millions of bugs coming from the spelt insulation,
water leaking in through the windows
uncontrolled run-off from the roof (which will damage the walls)
the failed cherry-pit-floor experiment,
a poorly designed heating system or some major heatloss somewhere,
and last not least mice have invaded the house.
Where the mice live and breed is not specified.
None of the above need bale-experts to be fixed, if you ask me. But that is a
wild guess from the far distance. If that family is willing to recieve a
well-meaning bale-head it can only be helpfull for everyone involved to have
an unbiased diagnose.

This kind of news travels very fast, I am afraid...
Axel.