[strawbale] Re:mixer

Hi Tim-
I am a german clay and bale builder and I work with vertikal shaft mixer on a
regular basis. It is a different german brand (Putzmeister) and has a stucco
pump attached.
Mixing action of this system (just like IMER) is great indeed, however, the
location of the paddles is crucial in the case of earthplasters. The mix is a
lot stickier than lime or cement and needs to be scraped of the mixer walls
continuously. The drawing from IMER suggests, that the paddles are both
located more or less in the middle of the drum, which would result in
considerable build-up on the walls and a seriously decreased mixing volume.
Good luck,
Axel Linde.
PS I believe there are about 11square feet in a square meter, which makes
this THING you are building a truely monstruous 1700 square meters.Goodness.