it might be helpful to contact Evgeny Shirokov <iae@user....by>in
Ukraine (enclosure) and Krzysztof Wietrzny <krzysztof@sunflowerfarm....pl>

Success, Martin

Martin Oehlmann
Sportlaan 336
NL-2566 LN Den Haag
0031-70-3650410

Dear SB brothers and Sisters,
 I would like to inform you about three things:
 we get 2 prize of World Sustainable Energy Awards -2000 for SB housing for
Chernobyl
 settlers in Belarus, but we think - this is prize for all SB builders
 in the World,
 we start transfer SB technology to Czech Republic together with
 Windrose Co and plan to build Demo SB house in Tatry Mountains (on
 border with Poland)- local people are already inspirited,
 we try to get grant-1 mln$ from Carbon Fund (GEF-UN) for 100 SB houses in
 Belarus.

 Please, find att. New Story about 3 piglets, translated in English by
 Marina Bakhnova, CEE manager of Earth Consul of UN in Costa -Rica.

Best regards,
 Evgeny                          mailto:iae@user....by

Dear Martin

I'm happy you like the picture. As I wrote the walls will be made out of
clay and straw. This is because we have already since 50-ties regulations
and norms about this kind of building method and it is 100% legal (but not
so common - actually I dont really understand why). We cant build from straw
only because the building authoryties would object (for them straw = fire).
So this time we will use the clay and straw method. But next year we would
like to build another 100% straw haouse from straw bales. The plan is
actually to get in the mean time in contact with building authoryties and
convince them that they should cooperate with us and basing on our
experiances criate norms and regulations for straw bale building for whole
Poland so that other people can also start building from straw with out the
problems which they have to face now (at the moment for to build a
straw-bale house one has to get a permision from the ministry for using
unconventional building methods - this is because there are no any
regulations about the straw building in Poland). I hope for cooperation with
you and Catherine in convincing Polish building authoryties to straw bale
building.

My trip to the Netherlands will take place probably in the and of this year

Greetings

Krzysztof