[strawbale]

Greetings,

My name is Eric Weaver and I work for Habitat for Humanity International in
our Europe/CIS department as a Construction Consultant.  I recently attended
the Builders without Borders Facilitation Training and met Andre and Coralie
De Bouter from France.

For those that don't know Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is a
non-profit home building organization that seeks to eliminate poverty
housing.  We believe that all people deserve a simple, decent, and
affordable place to live.  This is one reason that HFHI Europe/CIS is
looking into strawbale houses.  In many countries we build in insulating
materials are very expensive and many houses that are built are lacking
proper insulation, we see strawbale as an option to increase the insulation
value of our houses and to maintain or goal of simple, decent, and
affordable.

I would appreciate in being part of the European Strawbale list as we
continue to explore this option.  We are planning on building a strawbale
house in Kyrgyzstan in the spring.

Eric Weaver

Working in partnership with you and others around the world to eliminate
poverty housing.

Eric Weaver
International Partner
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY INTERNATIONAL