[strawbale] Progress and questions

Hi All,

Strawbuildings are growing like mushrooms in Hungary. Two weeks ago I had
reported 2 buildings in progress plus 1 in plan and 1 in dream phase.
Now we have 3 in progress, 3 with nearly finished plans and 1 in dream
phase. And now we have two proto-companies involved in straw-building.
In the next 4 weeks we will hold 3 lectures, 2 of them in summer festivals
with small demo structures...

While I was designing the 2 smallest one and consulting for a larger
structure I was faced some questions:

	* How do one crosses a chimney and a strawbale wall or a strawbale
	  insulated ceiling or roof. According to the hungarian regulation
	  no flammable material (wood eg.) can be placed closer then 12 cm
	  to the surface of the chimney. Does mineral fiber work?

	* Does anyone know a machine (or idea of a machine) capable of
	  applying earth based plasters on the straw wall beside the human
	  hand?

	* What is the fastest and cheapest way to purchase books like
	  Serious Straw Bale, or Beauty of Strow Homes? Shall we try
	  Amazon, or can we find a European bookstore?

	* Martin: If I remember correctly you are experienced with
	  precompressing load bearing walls using baloons. What kind of
	  baloon can fit this purpose?

Attila