Re: [strawbale] Proposal for introduction

Hello Herbert, Jolien, and Simon -- and all the European network,

Jolien, thank you for your kind words about the latest The Last Straw Journal.   We do try to fill it with useful information, and our guest editor, Canadian Chris Magwood dug up a lot of unique technical tips that should prove useful, especially for the "low-tech" builders.

We are working on our next issue, the annual Resource Issue, which has the theme of Community.   We are nearly full with "content." but would welcome an article from Europe on that subject -- Community.   Is there someone who would like to write an article on that subject, representing some specific community or the general European community?    It could be 600 - 700 words, with one picture -- not a huge task, but we would need it within 2 weeks.

Also, it seems like Herbert's offer/idea below a "strawbale-europe net" may develop into a form of community...
Herbert, with your permission, I would like to turn your email into an announcement, which we will print in this upcoming issue.

Finally, An Offer:  We are interested in promoting SB and natural building in Europe, so will offer a free "Human Resource Listing" to all non-north Americans in this upcoming issue of The Last Straw.  This is basically your name, business, and contact information, plus 30 words that describe your natural building services.  If you represent an organization, we can list that too, together or separately.

Please get this information to us as soon as possible -- The cut off date will be July 16.
Email it to: <thelaststraw@strawhomes...>  or FAX to: 505-895-3326

Best regards,
Catherine Wanek, Editor

The Last Straw Journal
The International Journal of Straw Bale & Natural Building
HC66, Box 119
Hillsboro, NM 88042
(505) 895-5400 /fax (505) 895-3326
<thelaststraw@strawhomes...>
http://www.strawhomes.com

At 08:39 PM 7/3/01 +0200, you wrote:
Dear Simon, Jolien and all the other strawbalers

> Probably the best place to keep this kind of thing would be on the web
> page. We are now FIFTY-SIX people on the list believe it or not, so an
> email with each of our stories in it would be very long...!

Good idea with the webpage. It could also be regional in each country on the
webpages of all networkers. So it is even possible to translate it in
different languages.
I will do it on http://www.baubiologie.at

The idea with the european homepage "strawbale-europe.net" is waiting until
I have the time to translate all articles into english. There are so many
news to add in german that this project needs more time as I thought.

Besides this there are so many different welldone strawbale-homepages in
Europe, that I sometimes think, a united homepage in three languages
(english, german, french) is not necessary.

Probably the better way would be to link to all european SB-sites:
everyone who has a SB homepage and is in this network links to all other
networkers? And all this together is the European site in different
languages and with different contents.

So please write your stories ...

Best wishes from Austria
Herbert Gruber