[Svetlo][Nelpag] CT Public Act 01-134 is official - out LP law passed! (fwd)

Jan Hollan
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 14:28:17 +0200 (CEST)

Mohl by vás zajímat první zákon státu v USA, který vylučuje jiná než plně
cloněná svítidla nad veškerými komunikacemi (výslovně jen se zdroji nad
1800 lm, implicitně většinou i se slabšími, vzhledem k ostatním
podmínkám). Pozoruhodné je, že byl přijat jednohlasně oběma komorami v
Connecticutu -- tj. jeho potřebnost v tomto znění pochopili informovaní
politici všech orientací!

Zákon je stručný a srozumitelný každému, hlavně v prvních dvou věcných
částech (a, b). Velmi je doporučuji k přečtení (stačí vlastně část b).
Zbývající části, hovořící o možnostech výjimek, jsou poněkud složitější a
připadá mi zjevné, že výjimek bude věru málo. Uvidíme, budou-li vůbec
nějaké a jaké bude jejich zdůvodnění.

Radost Cliffa Haase je věru pochopitelná, kéž se budeme moci v Česku
radovat podobně někdy také.

zdraví Jeník

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:40:05 EDT
From: CtStarWchrAaol...
To: DarkSky-listAyahoogroups...
Subject: [Nelpag] CT Public Act 01-134 is official - out LP law passed!

Greetings:

Well, it is finally official !!  Connecticut now has the first state law in
existence requiring FCO roadway lighting on ALL roads!  This means big roads,
little roads, dirt roads, super highways,  primary roads, secondary roads,
etc.  Wherever there is a public path intended for a motor vehicle with a
lighting system on the side it now the lights must be replaced with FCO when
the original luminaires wear out or when any new lights go up!  Can you feel
my excitement?

I just got off the phone with the Traffic Division of the Connecticut
Department of Transportation to give them the great news!

For the history of this legislation go to:

http://www.cga.state.ct.us/default.asp

[enter 5449 in the box asking for a bill number]

Heeeeee Haaaah!!!  :-))  For those of you who are fighting to establish state
laws in your areas -- tell your legislators the vote in the CT State
Legislature was unanimous in both the House of Representatives (144 to 0) and
the Senate (16 to 0) in favor!

The law is available for review at:

http://www.cga.state.ct.us/2001/act/Pa/2001PA-00134-R00HB-05449-PA.htm

If this link splits into two lines you must paste both halves into your
browser.

The Towns of Wethersfield, Cromwell, and Rocky Hill have all been notified
and have received printed copies.  I've been scrambling like a mad fiend all
afternoon!  All others living throughout Connecticut please print copies of
this new Act and bring it to the town and city managers near your area!  Ask
them to contact CT IDA if they have any questions.

After all of our hard work we cannot afford to let this new legislation
stumble and be swept under the rug like what happened with Statute 13a-110a
in 1996 where nobody was even aware it existed.  Spread the word to all 169
towns in CT !!  Congrats Yanks, we won!!!  :-))

Clear skies,

Cliff Haas
     ________
 ||    /  FCO  \