[Strawbale] best position for moisture sensors in bale walls

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Wed Mar 26 01:02:08 CET 2014

I remember reading a paper where somebody had installed sensors both at
the inside and outside of a bale wall, and both at the top and the
bottom of the wall. Then they monitored it for a year or more. They
found that two sensors had higher readings than the other two. I think
it was the upper outside and lower inside that had higher readings in
summer and winter, but perhaps my memory is faulty and they were the two
positions with lower humidity readings. Does anybody happen to to have
seen that paper and remember the details?

Thanks, Dave