[Strawbale] Fwd: Futility of quantifying properties of natural materials (was Re: compressing or not

Derek Stearns Roff derek at unm.edu
Wed Mar 19 20:10:48 CET 2014

Wasn’t there a fire test in Germany that tested an unplastered bale?  My memory is that they wanted to certify a bare bale wall, so that subsequently, any plaster could be approved for use.  I’m thinking that Dirk mentioned this test recently, in discussing a subsequent fire test with lime plaster.  My memory is that the unplastered bale failed the test/time rating that they were aiming for.

Derek