[Strawbale] certification of straw bales

valentina maini vmaini at mac.com
Mon Mar 4 23:24:16 CET 2013

Dear Herbert and all,

In Spain Laws integrate inside the code the need for innovation so within the code is said that you can use either  the "normal traditional code for established solutions" or any innovative not yet "traditional" material and solution that you want even if you don't have CE certificate .....if you can proof that your solution is performing the requirement to basic safety and thermal properties (and you can prove it by Testing with EN code and protocols or On site Test)

So the  answer is
1) Yes under the reference of EN Test and technical responsibility/control
2) Yes in theory but in practice is complex  to test and the process is made difficult by insurance companies (that are not following the good part of the law...only the lazy traditional part)
3) Same as 1 is possible with official plan...not without

Hope is clear even if short

cheers, Valentina

Valentina Maini
arquitectura próxima
www.valentinamaini.net
t.933197631
twitter: @vmaini
plaça sant pere 9, 4º
08003 barcelona

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Use, disclosure, distribute, print or copy of this communication is prohibited by law. If you received this email in error please notify the sender and then delete it.