[Strawbale] Strawbale house

Sebastien Hubert sebastien.hubert at mc2000.be
Wed Jan 23 22:05:38 CET 2013

Hello Hubert (is Hubert your firstname ?),

I put your mail again in the european mailing list because you only
answered to me...

I completly agree with you. Indeed in Belgium there is not only huge
straw bale houses...

I've build our house as you'll do your's.  As building professional it
is also a serious reference for the potential customers.  That 's why
our house is looking as a traditional german house (not really as a
belgian one ! ;-)

Some pictures of our house are available here :
http://www.mc2000.be/images/maison/facades/IMG_9514-small.JPG
http://www.mc2000.be/images/maison/facades/IMG_9516-small.JPG
http://www.mc2000.be/images/maison/facades/IMG_9517-small.JPG
http://www.mc2000.be/images/maison/facades/IMG_9524-small.JPG

Our house is not what I could call a low budget house.  I would also
like to work on a low budget straw bale house.  But I don't want to
sacrifice some important points.

The house should be :
- really well insulated
- airtight
- using quality materials
- ...

I think the best solution is to reduce the surface, simple architecture,
put good windows on south (but not too much and not too big because this
is very expensive), don't build mezzanine (you loose space), buy second
hands material, ...

What do you mean with sheet calculation ?  Budget, thermic ?

Regarding BBB, I think it is interesting.  I would like to build one .
It should be coool.

I know one place built with BB :
http://www.gites-ligule.be/sonhistoire-mignault.php

Guest houses are built under a agriculture building.

Cheers

Seb