[Strawbale] Airtight plaster

Wouter Klijn w.klijn at planet.nl
Thu Jun 21 23:23:13 CEST 2012

Sebastien,

Thanks for your document about air-tightness.  It has a lot of interesting
details.

As for most of the construction types, air tightness is very good possible
if you give the details the appropriate countermeasures.  So it is also for
straw bale  constructions.  But to my experience it is not a quality that
should be expected without attention.  If you just build a straw bale
construction, you have a high possibility for a bad air tightness.  I have
made some thermo graphic pictures of  (loadbearing and infill)  strawbale
walls with an indication of bad air tightness.   If anyone is interested in
these pictures, I can send them if you mail me at wouter at strobouw.nl

Does anyone know what the average air tightness is of a bale without plaster
?

 Warm regards from Holland