[Strawbale] Hosting the next ESBG 2013

Sissy Hein sh at fasba...
Mon Sep 26 19:47:26 CEST 2011

Dear all friends of European straw bale building,

Here a few ideas to the next ESBG in 2013. A little has passed since the
  last mails to this subject went over the mailing list.

Having been a member of the group that was formed on ESBG 2009 in
Belgium, I found it a good solution to give avote for the host of the
next ESBG.
There had been the proposals of Czech Republic and of France.
The National networkers or representatives of national SB organisations
gave their vote to decide on the hosting country. So every proposal had
an equal chance.
The program itself (in Siebenlinden Germany, in Belgium and in Czech
Republic) had been set up by the hosting country itself. I think this
was good this way. There was no given structure from outside, it
remainded in the responsibility of the host, although had been some
input by other networkers or single persons from other countries. I
liked this procedure.
As it allways requires a lot of people to prepare an ESBG it is already
a lot of work to coordinate in the preparation group itself. They know
best what is possible in their country, who is going to be responsible
for what: how to make the calculation for food and hosting, technical
equipment and facilities, what kind of SB houses can be visited, what
kind of workshops can be offered, what kind of accomodation, maximal
number of participants, setting up program......
All this should be explained in the proposal.

Carols ideas are quite okay, but I would not mind to have it differently
if it suits better to the hosting country. It is only important to have
some basic values present: exchange of experience and knowledge,
networking, updating of the latest development in SB (research, test,
construction, approvals...), empowerment and creative energy, having
fun.....
ESBG should be open to non professionals also, most of the ones
interested will be part of existing SB strutures anyway.

So I plea for proposals, coming form national organisations (Maybe they
could be published on the European webside- what do you think Vlado and
Nora?). There should be a deadline for proposals (Maybe until end of the
year). And then their should be deadlines for the countries to give up
their votes.
Somebody (or a group of a few people) should coordinate and try to make
sure that these informations reach all networkers and all countries. I
am not sure if the networkers list will do or this discussion list.
Maybe too many relevant people are still missing.

So I am looking forward to the proposal of Poland and Serbia, maybe
France and Italy want to consider their proposal again, or any other
country ????
All of it would be surely exciting in its own way!

These are some suggestions coming up from the circulating mails.

Greetings from Sissy and Gigi
(we were sitting togehter finishing the final report for Leonardo project)

--
Sissy Hein
Das Schloss 156