[Strawbale] Strawbale Digest, Vol 72, Issue 1

Rikki Nitzkin rikkinitzkin at earthlink...
Wed Nov 30 19:33:44 CET 2011

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:54:31 +0000
> From: donald mchardy <fieryx at hotmail...>
> To: <strawbale at amper....muni.cz>
> Subject: Re: [Strawbale] Strawbale Digest, Vol 71, Issue 12
>

>> Are you looking for recipes for plaster? Houses to visit? People
>> who work with strawbale?
> Yes, all of the above - but in SA. I'm familiar with the N European
> way (built a small SB a few years back) but now I'm looking for the
> SA take on things.
>
> Thanks for the book suggestions. What's the title of your book?
>
> cheers

Hi again,

sorry for the delay in responding. Your email got lost in the
mountain...

As for personal contacts, write me off-list, specifying which country
and I will send you a list of contacts.

As for "recipes" for plaster, you should first learn that with Clay
one cannot give precise recipes. Because every clay is different and
every sand is different, so the only way to know is to try it. As a
general rule:
	-if it cracks, add fiber (ex. straw) and/or sand
	-you almost never need more than 4 parts of added material to 1 part
clay
	-If you apply by trowel, more sand. If you apply by hand, more straw.

The Title of the book is: "Casas de Paja: una guía para auto-
constructores" by Rikki Nitzkin and Maren Termens.

It can be bought internationaly on Amazon.com

take care,
Rikki
Rikki Jennifer Nitzkin
rikkinitzkin at earthlink...
www.rikkinitzkin.wordpress.com
0034 657 33 51 62
Aulás, Lleida

"Nunca puedes cambiar las cosas luchando contra la realidad existente.
Para cambiar algo, hay que construir un nuevo modelo que hace obsoleto
al actual." Buckminster Fuller