[Strawbale] Plaster on old stone wall

forum at lamaisonenpaille... forum at lamaisonenpaille...
Tue Mar 22 18:14:29 CET 2011

Hello Jure,

Please change keep the 'subject' relevent to the subject treated in your
messages.

> Hi again,
>
> Does anybody have expirience with applying interior clay plaster on an
> old stone wall in the house (which had lime plaster previously/we
> would now remove some of the old lime plaster and leave the good parts).
yes
> If yes, does the wall have to be wet when applying the clay plaster
It is allways adviced to wet a surface before applying earth plaster but
it is not a total dissaster if you don't.
> and must there be a net applied before plastering?
A net is needed when the surface of the support is not regular or
homogenous. If your wall is only stone and lime mortar (no wood for
instance) netting would not have to be used. I like using a base coat
using a high clay content soil with as much as chopped straw as I can
get in so that it is easy to fill out uneven spots.

Bye,
André
France