[Strawbale] Planning a home of BigBales 2011 in Estonia

Bane M. Prvanovic house at beocity...
Mon Feb 28 19:22:06 CET 2011

Dear Jos,

Maybe you should consider using our DragOn PRO? Visit www.dragongpb.com to find out how it works.

Happy baling and best regards,
Bane M. Prvanovic

GPB Solutions d.o.o.
Celopecka 8
11000 Beograd

t / f +381 11 386 23 29
m + 381 60 711 0 211
www.dragongpb.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jos stoffels
  To: Max at permalot... ; European strawbale building discussions
  Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 5:03 PM
  Subject: Re: [Strawbale] Planning a home of BigBales 2011 in Estonia

  Hye

  I like to get in touch with noe solsana can yoy please help me to contact him
  I have a need of his machine and help for spraying my walls
  kind regards
  josstoffels

  On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Max Vittrup Jensen <Max at permalot...> wrote:

    I have a load (bearing) respect for the practical and academic knowledge of both Caroline and Minke, however the 'instinctive' builder in me believe
    that there's a heck of a difference between using small bales and big bales, hence that the research figures are not directly applicable?

    It's more than simply multiplying % m3 of small bales to the equivalent of big bales, as the machinery for big bales compress a bale significantly more, and the strings are able to handle a much higher load. Look for yourself; when you cut open a small bale it goes 'poof' and expands; not so (much) with a big bale; it's been compressed 'dead'.

    Last week I managed to make an application for funding of a workshop specifically focused on skill share about 'BBB' (Big Bale Building). We should know in April if it's funded, in such case it will be from September 1st to 1/09, right after the ESBG 2011, and here at PermaLot, Czech Republic. Facilitators will be Noe Solsana (F) and Lars Kallesen (DK); 2 of Europe's most experienced 'Big balers'.  Even in case the workshop is not funded I'm pretty sure that this building development is going to be a significant topic for the ESBG, with several 'big balers' present.

    Cheers,
    Max Vittrup Jensen
    PS; have a look at the PermaLot site under download for my M.Sc. comparison study between a conventional passive house, and one made from Big Bales. There's a fair amount of environmental data for those of you who's in to such geek'ism.

       European strawbale building discussion list

    Send all messages to:
    Strawbale at amper....muni.cz

    Archives, subscription options, etc:

  Strawbale at amper....muni.cz