[Strawbale] Plaster content

Andrew Morrison Andrew at StrawBale...
Fri Aug 12 18:57:55 CEST 2011

I strongly recommend a 2:1 ratio, not 1:1. A 1:1 mix is very rich and not
necessary in most cases. At all costs, avoid using cement as it interrupts
the cure of the lime and actually makes the plaster more brittle and likely
to crack. It also reduces the vapor permeance of the plaster.

A standard straw bale wall lime plaster should be a 2:1 scratch coat, 2.5:1
brown coat, and a 3:1 finish coat. You can choose to add some chopped straw,
horse hair, or other binder as well, but it is not necessary.

Andrew

2011/8/11 Enn Veesalu <enn.veesalu at hariduskeskus...>

> ** ** ** **
>
> I am agree, that somebody would be disagree. In this case possible to use
> original recipe (1 *:* 1) and it's OK!****
>
> ** **
>
> **Enn Veesalu******
>
>  ****
>
> ** **
>  ------------------------------

Andrew Morrison
Consultant, Teacher, Inspiring Change

 <http://www.beyourowncontractortraining.com/>
Get Your Straw Bale Construction Questions Answered at:
www.StrawBale.com <http://www.strawbale.com/>
Sign Up For a Seven Day Straw Bale Construction Workshop Near You at:
www.StrawBaleWorkshops.com <http://www.strawbaleworkshops.com/>
Find the Educational DVDs you Need to Learn Straw Bale Construction at:
www.LearnStrawBale.com
Learn the Secrets to Successful Home Construction:
www.BeYourOwnContractorTraining.com<http://www.beyourowncontractortraining.com/>

Follow Me on Twitter: AStrawBaleTeach