[Strawbale] loadbearing strawbale vaults

RT Archilogic at yahoo...
Fri Apr 22 21:07:54 CEST 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 04:26:44 -0400, Gernot Minke <minke at asl...-kassel.de>
wrote:

> Dear All,
> we are happy to tell you that we got the allowance to build the first
> loadbearing strawbale vaults in Germany!
> They will be erected during an international workshop from 29. Aug. to
> 10.Sept. 2011 in Wangelin.
> We are working in 4 groups of 6 people each and each group should have
> persons from 6 diferent countries.
> More details and application forms you will find on  www.gernotminke.de
> under "Aktuelles".

Interesting that this announcement should be made almost exactly 10 years
(+/- a couple of months) after the "official" completion of the vaulted
SBH of the late Lou Harrison that was built by the Skillful Meany and his
cronies in California.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/IMKxTftfcpRcr0lS_JKhdxqQIBzpNGkb-6--OpWxrjOy6IdkpCZfDzIsULJtHVWwuHctAiR14sIKQ5UrqNb-/SB%20in%20the%20Mass%20Media%20Archives/Lou%20Harrison%20Vault.pdf

or if the above link gets broken:

    http://tinyurl.com/create.php

If this trend continues, should we not expect to see a Code-approved
vaulted SBH in the UK until 2022 ?(since we all know that the UK typically
lags behind Germany in technical matters, despite whatever Mr. Bean tries
to insinuate) ?

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom