[Strawbale] Green roofs on strawbale buildings

Dave Howorth dave at howorth....uk
Thu Sep 16 22:37:52 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 15:02 -0400, RT wrote:
> Perhaps it would be useful to mention that with load-bearing SB walls, it
> will ultimately be the plaster skins that take the gravity loads.
>
> As such, it's a matter of detailing the plaster properly to anticipate the
> intended design loading.

Would you mind providing a reference for that? I have no trouble
believing that the stiff plaster takes dynamic loads, but I don't see
why it would take the static loads, given precompressed bales and all
static loads applied before the plaster is applied. So experimental
evidence would be very valuable.

Thanks and regards,
Dave Howorth