[Strawbale] Green roofs on strawbale buildings

carolatkn at aol... carolatkn at aol...
Mon Sep 13 17:36:15 CEST 2010

Hi Zac
Try The DIY guide to Green & Living Roofs by Dusty Gedge and John Little - download the e-book for approx £11, I think
Carol
www.homegrownhome.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: zac solomons <zac.solomons at gmail...>
To: Strawbale at amper....muni.cz
Sent: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:30
Subject: [Strawbale] Green roofs on strawbale buildings

Hello all

I am considering putting a green roof on my next straw bale building. I have heard of several people doing this, but am struggling to find good info about how to do it. I have built two smallish loadbearing sb buildings so far, both with lightweight roofs. My next project is an outdoor kitchen for a school and i am a bit nervous about putting a big heavy roof on it. Due to budget constraints i would prefer not to involve an architect. It will be a simple one storey box but i am worried about calculating loads. If there is no point loading, can strawbale walls simply be relied upon to hold up an extensive green roof? Is there any structural info for strawbale walls available?

I'm also looking for a good guide to installing a green roof: how to build an effective drainage system, best plants and substrates etc

Hope someone can help

All the best

Zac

   European strawbale building discussion list
Send all messages to:
trawbale at amper....muni.cz
Archives, subscription options, etc:
ttp://amper.ped.muni.cz/mailman/listinfo/strawbale