[Strawbale] Strawbale Digest, Vol 52, Issue 1

Max Vittrup Jensen max at permalot...
Wed Mar 3 12:14:34 CET 2010

Hiya,

> Subject: [Strawbale] When you go to a disaster situation, have these
> 	tools with you..

> For any one going abroad, to do anything, in any kind of disaster situation, there is a handbook developed over the past 15 years by the 400 mayor NGO's and Red cross/Red crescent, giving guidelines and minimal standards to fulfill and work from when doing a relief/development project. The initiative is called "Sphere" and the sphere handbook can be downloaded for free from this website:
>
> http://www.sphereproject.org/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,200/lang,english/
>
> -Caroline

Incidentally, we've included the Sphere course at our natural building
internship in July/August (along with a Permaculture design
certificate). That internship period will be co-facilitated by Martina
Petru who founded Ho Avy NGO in Madagascar: http://hoavy.org/en/about-us/

And for orientation: We're preparing a project proposal in cooperation
with a Haiti NGO, to build 4000 cob core shelters re-inforced with a
bamboo grid. The project include permaculture approach, and is based on
importing Czech made cob mixing machines.

Cheers,
Max,
http://permalot.org/en/internships
www.nbnetwork.org