[Strawbale] Mortgages on SB houses in the UK

Eileen Sutherland eileensutherland2003 at yahoo....uk
Mon Jul 12 10:22:45 CEST 2010

Hi Neale,
In Bulgaria we were able to specify the bale size by asking the farmer to set his baler to the size we wanted, it didn't seem to be a problem at all. We used the sizes in Barbara Jones' book i.e. 900x450x350 and weighing between 16 and 20 kgs and bound with two tight strings. The only prob we had was that the farmers baling twine was not evenly set so our two strings were different tensions and one end was inclined to slip a bit. Good luck with your build.
Eileen

Eileen Sutherland
  Bulgarian mob 0899896442
UK mob 07857890805